XP 820 Insect Tag
XP 820 is a unique, slow-release ear tag for cattle that is the first ever tag to contain abamectin (avermectins B 1a and B1b), a highly active macrocyclic lactone that has never been used before on cattle in the USA. The patented formulation contains a high loading of piper-onyl butoxide which synergizes the abamectin for maximum pesticidal action. XP 820 is particularly effective against horn flies, including strains resistant to synthetic pyrethroid and organophosphate insecticides. XP 820 is also effective against ear ticks, American Dog Ticks, Cattle Fever Ticks (Boophilus species) and Lone Star Ticks. The XP 820 tag has a net weight of 0.32 oz.(9 grams) and a metallic gold color. Controls Horn Flies and Gulf Coast Ticks and aids in control of Spinose Ear Ticks, American Dog Ticks, Cattle Fever Ticks (Boophilus species), Lone Star Ticks, and reduces Face Flies.
- XP 820 is the only ear tag worldwide to contain a macrocyclic lactone.
- Labeled for use on beef and dairy cattle, including calves and lactating dairy cows.
- Controls Horn Flies for up to three months with one tag per head and up to five months with two tags per head.
- Controls Gulf Coast Ticks and aids in control of Spinose Ear Ticks with two tags per head.
- XP 820 is the only ear tag approved for Aid In Control of Cattle Fever Ticks, the causal agent of tick fever (Babesiosis), a potentially fatal cattle disease. This product should not be the sole means of control of cattle fever ticks.
- Aids in control of American Dog Ticks for up to three months and Lone Star Ticks for two months with two tags/head.
- Reduces Face Flies with two tags/head.
- Ideal for rotation with all other insecticide ear tags for management of insecticide resistance. Such as OPtimizer ®, PYthon II ® MAGNUM™,MAX 40™, TRI-ZAP, PYthon II ® or GardStar ®.
Piperonyl Butoxide: 20%
20 Count Box of tags and male buttons (also available in the Ranch Pak 100/BX).
Store in cool, dark place away from sunlight in original container. Opened bags containing ear tags should be resealed for storage.